1. Always be open about the budget you have to spend on your production, so that
Sturmer Hall can help you allocate it in the most effective way. If you share your
ideas about your event at the conception stage we can advise you on the best way
to implement them and whether they are feasible to deliver within your allocated
2. Speak to Sturmer Hall about the demographic of your audience so that we can
advise on an effective design for your stage set, an engaging delivery method for
your content and the possibility of including exciting and innovative technology to
engage your audience.
4. Always ensure you advise us if there are any changes to the agreed floorplan or
content during the planning stage of your event, as this may have an implication on
the design of the stage set. For example, if your numbers increase there may be less
room for the agreed stage set design, or the entertainment that gets booked may
require a larger stage.
5. Ensure the awards presentation is finalised and sent over to your Event
Operations Manager at Sturmer Hall in plenty of time, along with the presenter’s
script. This allows us to run through it, check the content and resolution and cue in
any video links. Always check your content is the same size/aspect ratio as the
screens you order – just ask if you’re not sure!
6. Have a think about the things you want to walk the winners up to the stage to.
Keep them energetic and something that the majority of the audience can relate to.
Sturmer Hall have a substantial library for which you can choose if you need any
further help or ideas.
7. Consider investing in an auto cue and comfort monitor to give presenters that
additional peace of mind.
8. Send any entertainment or presenter riders through to your Operations Manager
at Sturmer Hall in plenty of time to ensure all their requirements are catered for.
9. Invest in a show caller to manage the stage on the night. The team at Sturmer Hall
can advise you on who would best suit your requirements.
10. Allow plenty of time for sound checks and rehearsals on the day so that you can
relax and enjoy your event at Sturmer Hall: Remember you are in safe hands at
Sturmer Hall, but as in most things, planning with added forethought makes the gig
perfect, every time!
To find out more about Awards Dinners & Private Events at Sturmer Hall visit our
Awards Dinners page.